A distinctive feature of SESAME Net is the uniqueness of the consortium that makes up the initial network. There is a mix of HPC Centres and facilities that have been brought together, in terms of experience of working with SMEs, national centres, national facilities, regional centres and private sector operated centres.
Altogether the initial SESAME network consists of 13 companies, public research institutes and universities from 12 European countries. Involved are Ireland, Poland, Greece, Spain, Czech Republic, Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria, Belgium, Lithuania, Slovenia and Germany. Leadership and coordination is taken by Arctur d.o.o.
The partners are:
- Arctur d.o.o., Slovenia
- Irish High End Computing, National University of Galway, Ireland
- Fraunhofer Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing (SCAI), Germany
- Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center IBCH (Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry) PAS, Poland
- Greek Research and Technology Network S.A., Greece
- Centro de Supercomputación de Galicia CESGA, Spain
- IT4Innovations National Supercomputing Center, VŠB – Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic
- Yotta Advanced Computing d.o.o., Croatia
- West University of Timisoara UVT, Romania
- Bulgarian Academy of Sciences – Institute of Information and Communication Technologies, Bulgaria
- Ruder Bošković Institute, Croatia
- Flemish Supercomputing Centre, Belgium
- Vilnius University – Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics, Lithuania