How SMEs can benefit from HPC
- Competitive advantage: Typically, new products are developed with a combination of physical experiments and simulations. Having large computing power for large and complex simulations opens possibilities for new ideas, new products and innovation. By affording to run multiple simulations with different input parameters in a reasonable amount of time, HPC systems offer the possibility to adapt the simulation closer to the experiments or to optimize products through simulations. Using HPC enables a much faster time-to-market and thus a first-mover advantage and allows a bigger manoeuvrability to adapt to the changing conditions of modern markets.
- Make faster and better decisions: Big data analytics tools enable rapidly analysing large amounts of data and enable the usage of data mining and machine learning techniques. Together they can help to make better and faster decisions and hence improve operational efficiency and solve all sorts of problems in all sorts of places.
- Acquire a higher reputation: Across the industry many products get an improved perception when they are built with the latest technology. Using HPC presents an enterprise as a cutting-edge technological firm with innovative character and may lead to increased consumer trust and loyalty. This can lead to a positive effect in a SMEs market position by improving the perception of its products.
- Cost reduction and profit boost: Using HPC can help reduce cost in prototyping and design procedures, as well as in operational costs. Big data analytical processes can derive new revenues and help to anticipate business opportunities to make decisions leading to higher profit.
Benefits of accessing HPC trough SESAME Net
- Benefit from expertise: SESAME Net’s HPC Competency Centres operate large and accessible HPC infrastructure systems, and can provide interested SMEs to
acquire and build internal expertise about HPC Technologies.
- Minimize costs: Using a Cloud-based HPC system on a pay-per-use basis is for most SMEs less expensive than owning and maintaining a sufficiently powerful in-house system.
- Stay up to date: A close collaboration between SMEs and HPC centres facilitates the access to innovative products in the area of HPC technology or applied sciences and enables SMEs to rapidly incorporate new technologies in their product portfolio.
- Benefit from an excellent reputation: Network members have internationally recognised domain expertise. Their status is based on many successful collaborations with many and diverse stakeholders coming from different business sectors. A mutual collaboration could lead to positive effects on both sides.
- Profit from diversified services: The service catalogue presents an overview of SESAME Net’s offerings.